In an effort to ensure equitable access to school supplies, reduce the amount of money and time parents spend purchasing items for school, and promote academic success for every student, the School Supply Advisory Committee developed the following expectations:
- School supplies are requested but not required.
- Teachers may also request additional supplies for their individual classrooms.
- Items marked with an asterisk(*) may be pooled into classroom resources for all students.
- If purchasing school supplies creates a financial hardship, please contact our office manager and supplies will be provided.
- Exceptions to this list may be made for students in special education programs.
- Information about the School Supply Advisory Committee recommendations.
- Want to donate supplies? Visit the Northshore Schools Foundation to learn more.
- NMS Planner (provided by the school)
- 4 composition books (1 for english language arts, 2 science, 1 social studies)
- 1 composition book or spiral notebook with graph paper (graph stickies are available for purchase in the office $4/90 as an option) for math
- 1 large 3 ring binder
- Red correction pens
- Notebook Paper
- Bookcovers for textbooks (paper bag is great)
Optional Classroom Supplies:
- Colored pencils
Supplies Needed At Home
- Ruler, math or drawing compass, protractor - for math
- 10 key calculator with square root sign (phone okay) - 6th, 7th, 8th math
- T-83+ or TI-84 calculator (some available for loan for those in financial need) - algebra, geometry