Every year the Northshore School District evaluates the list of needed school supplies for students to bring. In recent years we have worked to reduce the amount of money and time parents spend purchasing items, while still providing those basics needed for academic success. This year, as we start in an online format in the midst of a pandemic, that task seems even more important.
At this time we ask that all students have at their disposal writing utensils (pens and/or pencils) paper for note taking, and a way to organize their subjects. This last item can be a series of bins or boxes, a notebook, an accordion folder, or some other way in which students can learn and practice keeping track of important work. We also request that elementary students have crayons and/or colored markers, glue sticks, and scissors. In addition to paper and pencils, middle and high school students may need additional items, such as highlighters. Check your school’s website, or look for their guidance in newsletters and parent communication in the coming days. Specific classes in middle and high school, like art, may also have additional items that will be used for specific experiences throughout the year.
For 18 years, many of our families have received a little extra help with school supplies, and that assistance will continue this year. The Northshore Schools Foundation has collected, organized, and distributed school supplies to families who have needed them. We want to thank NSF as well as the many businesses, families, and individuals who have contributed. If you need financial support for school supplies, please use this request form from the Northshore Schools Foundation. Visit this link if you would like to contribute to their school supply drive.
- NMS Planner (provided by the school)
- 4 composition books (1 for english language arts, 2 science, 1 social studies)
- 1 composition book or spiral notebook with graph paper (graph stickies are available for purchase in the office $4/90 as an option) for math
- 1 large 3 ring binder
- Red correction pens
- Notebook Paper
- Bookcovers for textbooks (paper bag is great)
Optional Classroom Supplies:
- Colored pencils
Supplies Needed At Home
- Ruler, math or drawing compass, protractor - for math
- 10 key calculator with square root sign (phone okay) - 6th, 7th, 8th math
- T-83+ or TI-84 calculator (some available for loan for those in financial need) - algebra, geometry