Conduct at NMS
Campus Rules and Expectations and the NMS Discipline Policy will be available here in the fall of 2018.
- Student Handbook
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act for Parents (FERPA)
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
Release of Student Directory Information
Northshore schools are periodically asked to share our students’ directory information with not-for-profit organizations:
- The District does not release directory information for commercial purposes, but does release this information when there is a legitimate educational purpose
- The items listed under directory information may be released in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- Under the provisions of FERPA, you have the right to withhold the disclosure of Directory Information
- To withhold directory information, complete and return the Permission to Withhold Student Directory Information. form or by contacting our Counseling Department between the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL and OCTOBER 2, 2017
The form must be submitted annually and is due to our Counseling Center between the first day of school and October 2nd
The Northshore School District Rights & Responsibilities document cover student, parent or guardian and district expectations. The Rights & Responsibilities is a comprehensive document that covers in detail the rights and responsibilities of students, parents and the district. Disciplinary parameters and actions are outlined as are the specific exceptional misconduct rules.