NMS Enrollment

This page covers student enrollment and records information for:

Parents and Families: Important information including how to obtain school records and the procedures and forms needed for enrolling and withdrawing students from NMS.

Other Schools: How to obtain transcripts and forms for students who are transferring.

Parents of students can review the district enrollment overview to help find which school a child will be attending as well as obtain necessary forms.

Registration: Information on the courses available and how to register for classes at Northshore Middle School are found in the Counseling section under Course Registration.

Enrollment at Northshore Middle School

Students New to NMS

Enrollment Form Packet for Northshore Middle School

Please download and complete the enrollment form packet:
NMS Enrollment Form (PDF)/ Formulario de inscripción del NMS (PDF)

These forms contain fields that can be filled in on your computer and saved only if you first download the documents and use a PDF reader capable of saving the filled in forms such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can also print the forms out and fill in by hand.

Parents can obtain also copies of these packets from the NMS Registrar's office.

Rebecca Mullinnix
Fax# 425-408-6702

Please email enrollment documents and large files through the NSD Secure Mail File Service:

Records and Transcripts

Requesting academic records and transcripts from NMS
Transcripts are not applicable to middle school grades.  However, a request for a copy of an academic history can be submitted to our Registrar using the Consent to Release Student Records form. After the form is filled out, return the form to our Registrar, to verify their identity prior to the release of documents. Please indicate if it needs to be an "official" record and it will be sent sealed.
Students New to NMS
Schools can request and send academic records and transcripts to the NMS Registrar by fax.
Students Leaving NMS
If you are withdrawing your student and would like a copy of the records, please submit the Request Withdraw Of Student form and deliver that request to our Registrar, who will provide records directly to the new school.
Please be advised that if your student has withdrawn from Northshore Middle School, we are required to verify enrollment with the new school.
Instructions for Requesting School
If you are the requesting school of a student who is transferring from NMS, please email or fax your request to our Registrar.
Request to Add Course to Transcript
Use the Request to Add Course to Transcript form to add an Algebra or Geometry course to a high school transcript.  Form should be returned to the Registrar.
Please note: once the course is added it cannot be removed. Classes can be added until the student's 12th grade year.

Waiver Information

Currently NMS is closed to NEW out-of-district waivers as it is at capacity.
Each student in the district is required to attend the school in the designated attendance area in which they reside. A parent/guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district by submitting a waiver to the Northshore District Office.

Northshore School District Enrollment Information

Enrollment Overview

Students may register year-around (except July) at the school they'll be attending.

To determine your child's attendance area , which is based on address, enter your student's grade and address into VersaTrans eLink or call the Transportation Department at 425.408.7900. School service area maps are online.

It is recommended that new students contact their service area school for additional information about the registration process prior to registering.

Required Documents:

Proof of birth
List of immunizations
Proof of residency
Withdrawal sheet or report card from previous school

Which School Do I Attend?

To determine your child's attendance area , which is based on address, enter your student's grade and address into VersaTrans eLink or call the Transportation Department at 425.408.7900. School service area maps are online.

School Enrollment Forms

Enrolling your child in school?
Please complete the following basic required forms, which can be found below, and bring them with you to your home school when registering your child. Please note that each school may have additional forms specific to their building.


Enrollment Form

Immunization Certificates

Health Registration Forms

Required Vaccinations

The date of immunizations or illness must be on file with the school nurse prior to school entry.

Washington State's School Immunization Law RCW 28A.210.080 requires documentation of immunization at the time of school registration. A completed certificate of immunization status (CIS) (Spanish) or certificate of exemption (COE)(Spanish) signed by the parent/guardian must be on file at the school on or before the student's first day at school.  It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to obtain the required documentation, complete the form AND turn it in to the school before the student can start school.

Minimum Entry requirements for school attendance:  Immunization Requirements - WA State Department of Health.

If your student's immunizations are deficient, the school nurse will contact you. Please be sure to notify the school nurse of all up-dates. 

Immunizations are available from your own health care provider, Community Health Centers and local pharmacies.  Where to Obtain Immunizations.

Immunization Record Sharing with the Washington State Department of Health: Washington State Immunization Information System (WAIIS)

The Northshore School District is part of a state immunization record tracking system that includes immunization data from area doctors’ offices and health care providers. The district is transitioning all immunization documentation and record keeping to the Washington State Immunization System (WAIIS).  This information system makes it much easier for us to get copies of your child’s immunization record, a requirement for school entry under Washington State law.  This information is used solely to help protect your child and prevent disease by improving the quality and timeliness of records and services in our community. The information can only be shared with entities authorized by Washington law (RCW 70.02) to receive it, such as doctors, nurses, public health entities and schools (Family Educational Records Privacy Act). In addition, the information can only be used for immunization record keeping.

Parent permission is required to share immunization information with WAIIS which can be provided by signing the CIS form. In an effort to update the WAIIS with your child’s current immunization records, we require healthcare provider verified documentation of some or all of your child’s immunizations.

Parents and guardians have access to the WAIIS through a new web portal called MyIR. This secure online system pulls data from the WA Immunization Information System (WAIIS) and will auto populate your child’s Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) with immunizations contained in the IIS. Parents can print, sign, and submit the CIS to the school or preschool/child care. Information about this new system can be found at Immunizations - WA State Department of Health.

Homeless Services

Homeless Services - McKinney-Vento Act

Students living in homeless situations have a right to:

  • Get help with enrolling in school from the district liaison or other school contacts to continue academic success
  • Continue in the school they attended (referred to as the school of origin) before they became homeless or the school they last attended, if that is the parent’s choice and is feasible
  • Get transportation to and from school of origin
  • Receive free school meals
  • Receive additional services such as ELL, Special Education, Title I, preschool, Elementary Advanced
  • Program (EAP), career/technical education

Contact Us

Northshore School District
Homeless Liaison and Director of Student Services
Dr. Christopher Bigelow

Additional information about
homeless services is available through:
Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
Melinda Dyer
Program Manager, Homeless Children and Youth